The Child Care Subsidy program provides support for eligible families to help cover or reduce the cost of childcare.
The Child Care Subsidy program uses state and federal funds to make quality child care accessible for eligible families in the form of child care vouchers. In Henderson County, this service is provided through the Department of Social Services (DSS). You may be eligible to receive child care assistance if:
• You are working or are attempting to find work.
• You are in school or in a job training program.
• Your child is receiving child protective services.
• Your child needs care to support child welfare services or if your family is experiencing a crisis.
• Your child has developmental needs.
Families must meet income requirements to qualify as well.
Do you qualify for a Child Care Subsidy voucher? Contact the Henderson County Department of Social Services (DSS) at 828-697-5500 to find out.