Be a part of a dynamic team promoting and advocating for young children and families across Henderson County!
Smart Start Partnership for Children is seeking a fund development professional to help us grow and sustain our base of contributors. This position will be a temporary part-time position through June 30, 2019, with potential extension based on revenue and relationships developed through this program.
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Hourly
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Smart Start Partnership for Children is a private non-profit agency that supports, educates, and advocates to build a strong foundation for young children in our community. The Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for spearheading development efforts to expand the capacity of the organization. A new position in the organization, the Coordinator will have the opportunity to build upon the existing Strategic Planning goals.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead implementation and expansion of Smart Start Partnership for Children’s fund development work identified in the Strategic Plan;
- Build upon existing donor base and work to develop and maintain new donor relationships that result in greater financial support;
- Begin building a diversified portfolio of income streams, including a strong, sustainable base of annual individual donors, foundations and corporations;
- Manage donor and gift record-keeping ensuring all donors are thanked and stewarded properly and in a timely manner;
- Make regular reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors on progress.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Demonstrate SSPFC’s core values and work to help achieve our mission;
- Be flexible and able to work effectively and independently under pressure and with deadlines;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to build and sustain authentic relationships with diverse constituencies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising strategies, operations, and procedures is required.
- Experience in fundraising/development with demonstrated success in achieving revenue goals is required.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office program is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple social media platforms and CRM (customer relationships management) software is preferred.
- Familiarity with early childhood field/system is preferred.
- Experience within Henderson County is preferred.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license required.
This is a flexible, part-time position averaging 15-20 hours per week. This position is temporary through June 30 with continuation depending on the success of developing this program.
Smart Start Partnership for Children is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.
Interested individuals must submit a cover letter and resume to Sonia Gironda at